Monday, August 23, 2010

Public Transportation in Macon Georgia Sucks!

If you have to depend on public transportation in Macon, DON'T!  Do not depend solely on the Macon Transit Authority to get you to work.  You will be very disappointed.  I'm telling you base on my experience. Today is the third time in a row that something happens to the bus.

MTA - Westgate Bloomfield never showed up for the 8:07 am scheduled.  Just now arriving at 9:22.  Fucking bus driver tells me the bus broke down.  lol!  The only thing I can do is laugh shit.

I arrived at the bus stop at 7:50.  I was waiting for the 8:07 am bus, which of course never showed up.  When I called from cell phone the terminal station... they tell me that the bus is about 10 minutes late and they cannot dispatched the bus driver because he's radio is freaking broke.  Ok... so... I wanted like a fool for 20 minutes and ofcourse the bus never showed.  I end up waiting for the next bus which arrived at 9:22 am.  So I've been waiting for this fucking bus for over an hour.  And the only reason why I waited with patient is because I'm just in need to go to the bank and cash my check.  Could you imagine if I was waiting for the bus to take me to work... I would have gotten fired by now!!
at the Terminal Station 

So I again folks DO NOT DEPEND ON MACON TRANSIT AUTHORITY OR THE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION for your ride to work.  They don't give a shit about you!!!  And then on top of that the second bus that I needed to take me to the bank, which is a transfer was also late... So I didn't get to my destination till around 12 noon today.  And then they got the nerve to charge you $1.75 for the fucking ride.  lol!

Wait a Minute!!! Bus Schedule!! Ok, they get a 1 point for Trying!

Macon Public Transportation Really Sucks!!!

Let me elaborate further on the proof of the pudding, that MTA-Mac doesn't give a shit about bus riders.  The Bus Station was once located on Poplar Street.  Now Poplar Street was the perfect area for all the bus to meet.  This area was perfect because it was close to the little shops... like the Pastry shop on the corner of 2nd Street and Poplar, the Herb Store, Grocery Store... and other retail outlet.  It is also walking distance to Cherry Street close to the banks and other restaurants.  But MTA officials decided that FUCK THE RIDERS... WE DONT' GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THEM..ESPECIALLY THE ELDERLY!!. "Let's move the station to the Terminal Station where all of the Museums are located and you have to walk for fucking miles for the nearest store!!!"  Who the hek were they trying to please!  Did they even do a survey from the bus riders to see if would prefer to wait at the terminal station or on keep on Poplar Street!!! 
Waiting for the bus at the Terminal Station.  The Terminal station has gotten an uplift... They get another point for that for trying.  But this area is still not conducive for small city like Macon.  Its like TERMINAL.  lol!

As I was speaking to an elderly today about that situation... She even stated that she doesn't feel safe at the Terminal Station.  Ofcourse there's hardly nonone there after hours not even a security guard.  MTA Officials really help to kill downtown especially the Poplar Street because of that stupid decision to move the bus station off Poplar Street!!!  Dumb Asses!!!  Now you don't see anyone but bums hanging out on the new renovated Poplar Street.  lol!
Just another shot of Macon Bus

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instead of complaining with unprofessional vulgarities why don't you actually do something.

I'm working on a project to actually beautify Macon and make the transit center look a a lot better than just a plain white wall.

Anonymous said...

It's been 4 years, almost 5, since this post was made and the MTA bus "service" still sucks. Nothing has changed. Nothing will change. All you can do about it is be vulgar. Woe be to anyone unfortunate enough to not have an automobile in this town.

Where to get free Wi-Fi in Macon?

1. Joshua Cup Coffee House 2.Panera Bread 3. Most of McDonald's Restaurants 4.Krystal Fast Food Restaurants 5.Starbucks - My favorite is probably Starbucks and McDonalds because they allow you to stay as long as you want without them giving you any hassle. Plus All the listing here except for Krystals have places for you to plug in your laptop for extra needed power.

In Macon Georgia © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO