Saturday, May 12, 2012

Library Downtown Macon

Decided to visit the Library in downtown Macon today.  I headed to restroom first so I wasn't paying much attention to my surrounding.  So when I got out of the rest room and started walking in the main area I quickly realize the update.  It doesn't look so boring in here all of a sudden, something is different.  So I quickly grab my digital camera and started snapping some photos.

never really paid attention to this sky light before.  but nice architectural design.

There seems to be more comfortable seating and some of these huge chairs have arm table that swives to the side out of your way and  back.  Love that.  I can place my netbook or books on top of it.  Now... if they just would allow adults to have drinks, that will be amazing.

Love that round table.


But thats not all.  I wanted to see if there were more changes.  I was stunned, as I was walking on the other side, they were having computer class.  And the librarian sneaked up to me to tell me its a free computer class.  What!!!  that's awesome. 


Just when I thought I've seen enough, the next area, is filled with round tables that have a cross shaped divider in the middle to house four individuals. 

The best thing about these tables, each corner have plug in prongs to power your laptop, tablet or cell phone.  Amazing!!! that is two thumbs up for Macon Library. 

Just when I thought that Amazon Kindle Fire tablet and Barnes and Noble Nook tablet was going to put the libraries out of business, they actually stepped up and proved that no ereaders have been around longer than libraries. 

A++ for Macon Georgia downtown library
Their location: Washington Avenue and Orange Street
downtown Macon
next to Joshua Cup Coffee House.

and if you were wondering what the hek was I doing there.  I needed a place to blog quitely without my pittbulls harassing me to go outside or play with them.



1 comments:

Alicia Miranda said...

I forgot to mentioned they offer free wifi. Just bring your library card.

Where to get free Wi-Fi in Macon?

1. Joshua Cup Coffee House 2.Panera Bread 3. Most of McDonald's Restaurants 4.Krystal Fast Food Restaurants 5.Starbucks - My favorite is probably Starbucks and McDonalds because they allow you to stay as long as you want without them giving you any hassle. Plus All the listing here except for Krystals have places for you to plug in your laptop for extra needed power.

In Macon Georgia © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO