Monday, February 8, 2010

WPGA owner is racist?

T and I were running errands today.   We decided to visit WPGA on Forsyth Street close to downtown Macon.  We were so impressed about their revolving digital signage outside of their building.  Part of the revolving signs states "Advertise Here call ....".  According to T, she recently called 'em lately and have already gotten some imformation regarding advertising on their digital billboard outside.  But she was ready to spend some money advertising on it.  So we decided to stop by their office. 

As we arrived, the glass door wouldn't open.  You had to pick up the phone receiver and dial 27.  After trying a couple of times.  No one answered.  Maybe they are at lunch, is what I was thinking.  "Till this old white man asked as in a weird look, "What did we want"  I can't recall exactly his choice of words.  But I immediately felt awkwardness but just brushed it off my mind.  He went in and asked us maybe he could be of some help and further ask what exactly were we here for.  As T explained my cell phone text messaging system rang.  So I told T to go ahead as I answer my cell phone. 

Few minutes later T left out the room as if she was just so shocked and speechless.  I was wondering why the meeting was so suddenly ended.  Anyway I saw the old white man walking away and T walking towards me. I just knew things didn't go so well.  But I didn't expect her to be so upset about it.  As soon the door to the outside closed, T said "I can't believe this man was so racist!".   Maybe I should let her tell you the rest.  Hopefully she should let her listeners know exactly what is going on by talking about the incident on her radio talk show, The Lovely Magazine Broadcast.  She told me the man was the owner of WPGA.  I should have gotten a picture of him. 

WPGA digital sign outside their building

I wouldn't be surprised that there are still people out here who lives in Macon Georgia that are racist and very racist.  After all it has not been so long ago that lynching and other hate crimes were once considered lawful in Macon.

0 comments:

Where to get free Wi-Fi in Macon?

1. Joshua Cup Coffee House 2.Panera Bread 3. Most of McDonald's Restaurants 4.Krystal Fast Food Restaurants 5.Starbucks - My favorite is probably Starbucks and McDonalds because they allow you to stay as long as you want without them giving you any hassle. Plus All the listing here except for Krystals have places for you to plug in your laptop for extra needed power.

In Macon Georgia © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO