Saturday, June 8, 2024

Macon’s Oldest Bookstore


For the past 25 years, I’ve seen bookstore come and go in Macon Georgia.  Golden Bough Bookstore is probably the oldest.  I could be wrong.  They are located in downtown area.  They carry used books and other stuff.  I was greeting by a Blind cat and talkative cat.  The cat guided me to the craft area and showed me the books I might be interested in.  I purchased several and I got a good deal for four books.  I paid about $16 bucks.  I think the bookstore is in a perfect spot and its a perfect size.  

I did see other stuff other than books like some action figures and dolls but I persuaded myself that I have enough action figures and dolls and as a matter of fact, I need to send them to my niece and nephews, after I play with them :)

But anyway, please support your our local bookstore.  There’s only another bookstore in Macon that I know of and that’s Gottwal Books on Riverside Drive.   If you know of any other, let us know in the comment below.

Golden Bough Bookstore

371 Cotton Avenue

Macon, Georgia 3101

Inside Golden Bough Bookstore in Macon Georgia

Golden Bough Bookstore in downtown Macon


Adventures in Knitting by Barbara Aytes

Learn to Knit Love to Knit by Anna Wilkinson

Macrame Creative Designs in Knotting by Dona Z. Meilach

Macrame by Norman and Lillian Rack


0 comments:

Where to get free Wi-Fi in Macon?

1. Joshua Cup Coffee House 2.Panera Bread 3. Most of McDonald's Restaurants 4.Krystal Fast Food Restaurants 5.Starbucks - My favorite is probably Starbucks and McDonalds because they allow you to stay as long as you want without them giving you any hassle. Plus All the listing here except for Krystals have places for you to plug in your laptop for extra needed power.

In Macon Georgia © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO